We are committed to, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the environmental impact of our work and are constantly evolving our practices and products to remove negative environmental impacts from all that we do.
We recognise that the resources required to spend time in the digital world must be taken from our natural world and as such, we employ systems to quantify and repay this expenditure of earth’s resources. With much of our work currently facilitated virtually, this goes to the core of our Environmental Sustainability Policy.
Our Guiding Principles
- To reduce our carbon footprint, offset the remaining and become carbon negative by supporting our chosen environmental partner, One Tree Planted.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all of our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Environmental Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Environmental Sustainability Policy, and to encourage them to adopt sound sustainable practices.
- To review and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Environmental Partnership and Working Practices
- In order to attain our goal of becoming a carbon negative business, we commit to planting 1 tree for every 1 participant that ISMOTION provides services for.
- Our business partnership with One Tree Planted allows us to make donations that give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and environmental organisations.
Purchasing, Consumption, and Travel Commitments
- Choose cloud services, browsers, and digital products with consideration to their Environmental Sustainability policies and environmental impact.
- Use an ethical Superannuation provider that invests with consideration of environmental sustainability.
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy-efficient equipment, and turning it off when not in use.
- Purchase all business products with environmental sustainability in mind, specifically purchasing from companies with a sustainability mission statement that includes focusing on recycled materials, closed loop cycles, low travel miles, reduced plastic and/or packaging.
- Purchase and make use of closed-looped equipment providers and services.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to our business.
- Recycle, reuse or compost as much waste material as possible.
- Catering provided by ISMOTION uses only plant-based foods and vendors.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and use low impact transport for travel to and from work and travel for business.